Penguin Books India is looking for suitable candidates for vacancies in the copy editorial department. A brief is given below:
The incumbent will be involved in the editing of fiction and non-fiction books, including liaising with freelancers, authors, commissioning editors and typesetters as well as our production, design and marketing departments. The job also involves initial assessment of book proposals and the literary quality and readability of manuscripts. The ideal candidates should:
- Have a good academic record with a first class Bachelor's or Master's degree in any Social Science, the Humanities, Literature or Journalism
- Relevant work experience, preferably in publishing
- Have an excellent grasp of written English, an eye for detail, love reading and keep abreast of current literary trends
- Have strong organization, word processing and interpersonal skills
- Be able to work on their own initiative, and have a rigorous, self-motivated approach to meeting tight schedules and deadlines without compromising quality/editorial standards.
Please get in touch with the HR department for more details and refer your friends/acquaintances for the above position. Please send in your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org only.