Monday 9 November 2009

Editpub course 2010

Applications are invited from Honours Graduates in any discipline for a PG Certificate Course in Editing and Publishing to be conducted by the School of Cultural Texts and Records, Jadavpur University, from 4 January to 9 April 2010. Classes will normally be held four days a week from 6-8 p.m. Applicants have to appear for a screening test on 21 December 2009, at 5 p.m., to be held on the first floor of the UG Arts Building. Course fee: Rs 6,000. Applications may be made on plain paper or by email to culture@school.jdvu.ac.in, addressed to the Director, School of Cultural Texts and Records. Paper applications should be submitted to the School of Cultural Texts and Records, (UG Arts/ Science Building, 3rd floor, near Film Studies Department) between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. on working days. Last date for receipt of applications: 18 December 2009. Photocopies of graduation certificate and mark-sheets must be produced on the day of screening test.


Sukanta Chaudhuri
Director, School of Cultural Texts and Records
Jadavpur University

9 November 2009

Commented applications will not be accepted.

2 comments:

wanderer said...

Respected Sir/Madam,


I have just given my M.A. final exam in journalism and mass communication from Calcutta University and I am now thinking of starting my career in book publication industry.
I am interested in editing. I have attached my CV with this letter.
I have done a month long internship training with Financial Express and have knowledge about editing techniques.
I have done a dissertation paper on 'Hindi TV serials, the society and the changing plot', and have also done a documentary 15 minutes film on the 'Indian Botanical Gardens, Howrah'. The above two were a part of my M.A. examination. I am also into creative writing and I maintain a blog (www.wanderer-of-the-world.blogspot.com). I am a part of www.poemhunter.com, and few of my poems have been published in little magazines, both English and Bengali. Of late, one of my articles has been published in the site: www.varietyliteraria.synthasite.com, under the name “magic and reality in Midnight’s Children”.

I enjoy challenges as they help bring out my creative side and the experience of overcoming the challenge equips me with knowledge and skill for the next one.

yours faithfully,

Shreya Chatterjee

Unknown said...

Can I get some basic information as regards the format of the test?