Pearson Global Editions is looking for Freelance Editors
Freelance editors will:
· work with Global Editions (GE) in-house editors to deliver copyedited material that is clear and consistent.
· work to correct spellings, grammar and punctuation; check content for consistency and styles; and reword or rewrite content, if required.
· work on multiple formats including, but not restricted to, teaching manuals, study guides, solutions manuals, companion websites, and various Pearson eLearning platforms.
· check authorial submissions to see whether complete sets of material have been received; compile lists of missing material; and track the receipt of such material through to completion.
· analyze feedbackfrom review panels regarding GE material and manage revisions with GE contributors using this feedback, in collaboration with GE in-house editors.
Ideal candidates would be very comfortable with Microsoft Word and competent with Microsoft Excel. They wouldn’t need to be an expert in the subject they are working on, but they should be comfortable editing material ranging from economics to computer science. They will definitely have input from GE in-house editors throughout the process to help them evaluate the material they are working on.
Candidates who are interested should email their résumés to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your phone number in your résumé.