Dolring Kindersley have the following vacancies. If anyone from present or past years of Editpub would like to apply, please send me your cv at rimibchatterjeeATgmailDOTcom, or comment here, and I will forward it.
Dorling Kindersley India is looking for suitable candidates to fill up the following vacancies:
For our DIGITAL MEDIA DIVISION we require:
A) 5 Assistant Editors/Editors– (depending upon skill set) –
The ideal candidates should:
* Be graduates/post graduates with 2-3 years of relevant working experience.”
* Possess knowledge of XML and/or HTML
* Be fast, on-screen English-language editors and proof readers.
* Be able to cope well with managing high workloads, tight deadlines and working as part of a diverse team.
* Have an aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
* Tech-savvy freshers with excellent written and verbal English communication skills may also apply.
B) 2 programmers/ Software Engineers:
The ideal applicants should fulfil the following requirements:
Graduation – B.Tech/BE – Computers/Graduation with computers/PG – M.Sc. – Computers/MCA
* Participate in the design, development and maintenance of production systems for conversion of Book content into electronic formats.
* Maintaining the required level of quality work throughout the project – from initial test material to final output.
* Liaison with others in the team and department to deliver projects and support technical issues.
* Maintain version control to ensure code quality, scalability and maintainability.
* Maintain Content Management System.
* Development and commissioning of new projects, as directed,
* Version control and configuration management
* Excellent presentation and communication skill
* Experience developing web based and/or interactive media products
* Proper SDLC understanding
* Knowledge of Agile and test driven development methods
* Database Design experience
* Quality assurance
Extensive experience in the following areas:
o XML, XSLT, XPATH, XQUERY, DTD
o VB.NET, C#.net, ASP.net
o RAD tools like Macromedia Dreamweaver, XML Spy or similar XML editor
o RDBMS preferably Microsoft SQL server
o HTML, XHTML and CSS
o Open Packaging Format (epub) and Kindel (Mobi) e-book development
o Interactive multimedia development with Flash
Candidates with knowledge of MAC OS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and iPhone SDK will be given preference.
C) Assistant Graphic Designer:
Candidates should have:
* Photoshop/Illustrator/Fireworks skills
* Flash animation skills.
* Webs designing (to include advanced HTML skills)
* 1-2 years of experience would be good but freshers with the above skills may also apply.
The deadline is Wednesday, 21 April 2010. People who have already mailed their CV in the last six months need not reapply as we will be using our database.